All about celebrities and my thoughts about them.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Simple Mind

paris hiltonWell...I can't deny the fact that I think Paris Hilton is pretty. She isn't anywhere near "average American looks" if you ask me. She's tall, slender, she carries herself with confidence and she has loads of money to boot. I'm sure everyone knows who Paris Hilton is. First of all, she's almost always in any entertainment and gossip-related news. (Her recent stint - being jailed for driving with a suspended license - even made it to the more serious news media.)

Second, Paris is an heiress to the Hilton Hotels franchise. I'm not really sure if she'd be given the task of actually managing the hotels in the future or being an "heiress" only holds true up to the title itself. Third, I think she has more scandals than any other actress/model/heiress combined. Erm... I'll think of other things some other day.

Also, contrary to popular belief, I don't think Paris Hilton is as intelligent as a rock. I actually think she's brilliant, all sarcasm aside, please. Why, you ask? It's because she knows how to promote and create enough publicity to sell her image to the public. Whenever Paris creates a scene and it blows up to uncontrollable proportions, she launches a product right after it while she's still a "hot item".

Imagine, her book sold a lot of copies, if I recall correctly. I checked the book out and it's third-biography, third-publicity and third-photo book. I mean, there isn't that much content in there at all...but it sells. Then she also launched her own brand of perfume, watches, clothes, footwear and, believe it or not, hair extensions. Aside from that, she lent her name to a nightclub chain called Club Paris.

Paris Hilton also starred in a reality TV show with her then best friend, Nicole Ritchie. I say "then" because Paris has been known to change best friends faster than night turns to day. Oh, I digress. The TV show was given the title "The Simple Life" and it follows the adventures of the two rich kids as they learn how to actually do what most people do: work for a living without the glitz and glamor of showbiz. I enjoyed watching it, really. Ahh I forgot to mention that a week before The Simple Life was aired, Paris' notorious sex video leaked out from the dark recesses of her private life, thoughts and memories.

That sex video won awards, btw.

0 stars: